Learn How To Eat, Simply.
The P90 6-Day Shred is the easy way to start your program off on the right foot. The simple meal plan helps cleanse your system of junk food while systematically decreasing daily calories to help you get used to a leaner diet.
Best of all its a HUGE time-saver because you can do all the shopping and cooking for the entire six days in one afternoon.
How It Works- Shop, Cook, Eat and Exercise
All the in the 6 day shred is delicious, nutritious and available at almost any supermarket. We’ve listed a few specific fruit and veggies just to make your life a little easier, but feel free to substitute them with your own favorites.
Quick Note- The food items in the shopping list have two measurements next to them. The first is the exact amount you will need of each item for the week (in blue). The second is the amount you will find if you’re pulling it off the shelf at the grocery store. You might end up with a little extra so don’t worry!
The P90 6 Day Shred Shopping List:
- Nuts: Raw Nuts – Walnuts, almonds, cashews. (4 oz/11g) 1 small bag
- Grains: Old Fashioned Oats (1/2 cup/40g dry) 1 small box, Brown Rice or Quinoa (1 and 1/4 cups, 8oz, 220g dry) 1 small bag, Whole-Grain Bread (3 slices) 1 loaf
- Legumes– lentils (1/2 cup, 3 and 1/2 oz, 100/g dry) 1 small bag. Black beans or pinto beans (15oz) 1 can, Hummus (5.5 oz / 137g) 1 small tub
- Vegetables– broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peppers, green beans, sugar snap peas, zucchini (3 cups / 16 oz, 450g) 2 bags
- Fruits– Banana (1 medium), Fresh Berries- strawberries, raspberries, blackberry – (5 cups/22oz/ 625 g) 4 small containers. Apple (1 medium) Lemons (4 medium)
- Dairy/Dairy Substitute– Reduced Fat Plain Yogurt (1 cup, 8oz, 615 g) 1 container. Low fat milk (1 and 1/2 cups)
- Proteins– Rotisseries Chicken (12oz boneless, skinless) Canned Wild Salmon (2 three ounce cans) Tempeh (15 oz) Eggs (4)
- Miscellaneous– Shakeology, extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, ground cinnamon, ground cumin, ground paprika.
2.) P90 6 Day Shred Cooking Recipes
Time to hit the kitchen. Don;t worry, beachbody has kept it simple. These are basic recipes that require a few basic cooking utensils.
Cooked Veggie Medley (makes 3 servings, 1 cup each)
1 cup water
3 cups combination of any of the following: broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, peppers, green beans, sugar snap peas, zucchini
2 tsp, extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
Bring water to boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables, cook, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes or under tender-crisp. Drain. Place vegetables in serving bowl. Add oil and salt, toss gently to blend. Serve immediately.
1 cup water
1 dash sea salt
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
Plain Brown Rice Or Quinoa
1 and 1/4 cups dry brown rice
2 and 1/2 cups cold water
Sea salt and ground black pepper (optional)
Rinse rice thoroughly. Bring rice, water, salt (if desired) and pepper (if desired) to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil, cook, covered,for 50 minutes, or until all water has been absorbed. Remove pan from heat and let rice rest, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork, serve. For Quinoa, follow same amounts and directions as rice, but cook for 15 minutes instead of 50.
4 large eggs, cold water
Place eggs in saucepan, add water to cover eggs by one inch. Bring water just to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, cover,let stand for 12 minutes. Remove from hot water and serve warm, or rinse in cold water until cold.
15 oz organic tempeh, cut into strips
2 tsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp paprika
Place tempeh in a shallow bowl, drizzle both sides evenly with oil. Season evenly with salt paprika, toss gently to blend. Heat medium skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh, cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until I cooked through.
1/2 cup dry brown lentils
1 1/4 cups water
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste,optional)
Sort through lentils to make sure there are no small stones. Rinse in colander under cool water. Set aside. Bring water, salt (if desired) and pepper (if desired) to boil in medium saucepan over high heat. Add lentils. Return to boil. Cover. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil, cook for 20 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
3.) Eat and Exercise- the plan
Here is where we put our preparation into action. Check out the full P90 6 Day Shred action steps here!